I have applied twice at the Buckle in my local mall.The first time was two years ago, it was my first job interview and I had little to no experience, so I did not see it going in my favour, which it did not.

The hiring manager interview me on the floor of the store, and paid little to no attention to me, often times he asked the same question as he was too uninterested to realize he had asked them before. I returned a few years later for another interview, I had now accumulated 2 years of customer service experience, and was genuinely under the belief that this time would be different. When I entered the store, the staff paid me no mind, not even asking me what I was looking for, while the female behind the cash registrar gave me unnecessarily dirty looks. After explaining to a young woman folding clothes that I had arrived for my interview, she began explaining to the hiring manager that I had arrived early.

I arrived 5 minutes early. I received the same mundane interview questions, and was told that should I be selected I would receive a phone call. At least at the beginning that's what I was told, after asking a few questions about the store, and hours available I was told that they had a full staff. The application I filed was sent a month ago, so I am unsure why they would wait a month to respond when they didn't actually need any more people.

I was also told that he had several people come in already for interviews, and would have several more coming in later that day, so he would respond to me via email on Wednesday. I am no fool, and I have received your rejection email before Buckle.

Unfortunately for you all, an employee who was willing to work incredibly hard, is going to take her services elsewhere.Meanwhile you all can continue to deny employment due to your own personal racism.

Review about: Buckle Interview Appointment.

Reason of review: *** POOR MANAGEMENT AND INTERNAL RACISM.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Discrimination.

Had an Experience with Buckle?

Comments